Thursday, June 30, 2011

Books Read July 1st 2010 to June 30th 2011

Every year I try to read about 50 books (or about a book a week). I find it's a reasonable goal and keeps my reading skills sharp. My tenth grade English teacher gave me this idea, except he set the somewhat more ambitious goal of 100 books a year. Since these past 12 months were ridiculously busy for me, I had a little trouble meeting my deadlines for this year's 50 books and had to read more than my usual number of young adult books in order to keep on schedule. However, I'm hoping my number for this next year will be somewhat higher, I'm aiming for 60!

1) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
2) Dear America: West to a Land of Plenty by Jim Muphy
3) Dear America: Voyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson White
4) Dear America: A Journey to the New World by Kathryn Lasky
5) Dear America: My Heart is on the Ground by Ann Rinaldi
6) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
7) Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
8) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
9) Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry
10) The Sleeping Beauty by Mahlon F. Craft
11) I Sing the Body Electric by Ray Bradbury
12) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
13) The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
14) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
15) Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
16) An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
17) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
18) Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
19) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
20) The Road by Cormac McCarthy
21) Atonement by Ian McEwan
22) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
23) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
24) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
25) Looking for Alaska by John Green
26) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
27) Ways of Seeing by John Berger
28) Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit
29) Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
30) The Hanged Man by Francesca Lia Block
31) Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
32) Z is for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien
33) A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
34) Dogsong by Gary Paulsen
35) Politically Correct Bedtime Stories by James Finn Garner
36) Stones in Water by Donna Jo Napoli
37) Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force by Dave Wolverton
38) All I Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek by Dave Marinaccio
39) The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
40) 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith
41) Demian by Hermann Hesse
42) Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
43) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
44) Tithe by Holly Black
45) Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block
46) Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
47) Into the Land of Unicorns by Bruce Coville
48) The Forgotten Door by Alexander Key
49) A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
50) Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment